• 2 cups cooked chickpeas
• 1 cup oats
• ¼ cup chickpea flour/cornflour
• 2 onions chopped – leave 5mins
• 4 garlic cloves minced – leave 5mins
• 3 TBS soy sauce
• 2 TBS apple cider vinegar
• 1 TBS paprika
• 3 tsp oregano
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 1 medium apple, peeled and shredded
• Olive oil for brushing the burgers
1. Prepare onion and garlic and let sit for 5 minutes or more.
2. Place chickpeas, oats, chickpea flour/cornflour, onion and garlic, soy sauce, cider vinegar, paprika, rubbed sage, thyme, and black pepper into food processor bowl. Pulse until ingredients are well-mixed. Add shredded apple and pulse again just until mixed.
3. Transfer mixture to sealed container and chill 1 hour or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tin with baking paper. Brush tops and bottoms of burgers with olive oil.
5. Bake 30 minutes, flipping about halfway through.
6. For serving: burger buns, ketchup/brown sauce, fresh greens salad.