5 tsp instant yeast
1 cup warm water (add more if dough is dry)
1 cup white flour
1 cup brown flour
1 cup of oats
1 tsp salt
2 tsp brown sugar
0.5 cup warm water
2 TBS baking soda
Coarse sea salt
2 TBS oil (+ oregano-optional)
1. Combine 1 cup of warm water and yeast in a bowl. Let rest until bubbly.
2. Meanwhile, combine remaining dough ingredients in a bowl. Add water/yeast mixture and stir until combined (if dough is dry, add extra water 1 TBS at a time).
3. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth (about 5 minutes).
4. Transfer dough to an oiled baking tray. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
5. Divide dough into smaller pieces and let rest again for 5 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 170°C.
7. Combine warm water and baking soda in a shallow bowl. Stir until dissolved.
8. Roll each dough piece into a rope (Mine were about 70 cm, but if you like thicker pretzels, make shorter ropes) and shape into pretzels. To simplify roll into stick shapes.
9. Dip pretzels into the water/baking soda mixture and place them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle liberally with salt. Rest for 10 minutes.
10. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Take pretzels out of the oven and brush with oil (+oregano). Finished!
Edited from original: http://darthveganblog.wordpress.com/2013/06/07/mall-pretzels-vegan/